Friday 13 June 2008

Friday the 13th - The Writings on the Wall

GRD II, f3.2, 1/160, ISO 200, RAW, 21mm

GRD II, f2.4, 1/100, ISO 200, RAW, 21mm

Today you'll get another two pictures. The pictures fit well together and I like both. Besides it gives today a theme.
Today is Friday the 13th so for me usually a very nice and lucky day. So after finishing early I went for a walk and took some pictures. Went to the Tate modern and Borough market so I had quite a lot of pictures. Only to discover afterwards that my SD card was full so most of the pictures were only in thought but not in on the card ;). Lucky day it is but maybe I need to be more aware of what I am doing :).
Note to myself: "If you go out taking pictures with the screen off, make sure you have enough free space on the SD card." ;)

3 comments:

  1. Cris, fantastic street stuff you have brought this week!!

    The light in the "Bankside" picture is amazing, it´s like it comes from both the sides..and the three brick "layers", very , very nice!

    The "I know I have lost" message really is intriguing..The textures in the wall are amazing, so much that I believe this file has a huge potential for a B&W conversion..Just my 2 cents (of an Euro)..

    Best, Erik.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both photographs are great, and both would look great in B&W too. Excellent Cristi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments guys.
    I processed the pictures as usual with the curves function in Photoshop, my favorite and most used feature. If I could have this and ACR as a standalone application it would make my life much easier (especially when using the UMPC).
    Interesting that you both mention b&w since I thought the same but found that I preferred the color version. The colors in both are quite similar and the writing stands out more. The b&w versions looked prety good though but here the color versions had the edge.

    ReplyDelete