Sunday 15 June 2008

Street Art

GRD, f3.5, 1/160, ISO 100, JPG

Today, I decided to go and see the 'Street & Studio' exhibition at the Tate Modern. Before going there I took a walk along the Southbank and took quit a few pictures on the way. Most were with the LC1 but the GRDs were also with me so got a bit of work to do, too. For quick street shots there is nothing better than the GRDs and I know I repeat myself here. The LC1 works great in manual focus mode but the AF is just too slow for some situations.
The exhibition itself was interesting and it was nice to see some classic street shots. I would have preferred it if the theme would be only 'Street' without the 'Studio' since my main interest were the street shots. Studio pictures for me are posed and "fake" so not really interesting. Nothing against studio photography but for me this does not capture the essence of "a moment in time that would be lost otherwise". This for me is photography, capturing a moment that will never return in the same form.

7 comments:

  1. this one is great! see the colors, they are so real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent scene with beautiful colors and light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments. This is a straight out of camera jpg with minor contrast adjustment and shows where the GRD I really shines. The GRD I has an own way of capturing blue color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are interested in street art, you need to visit the arches under Waterloo Station, where the Cans Festival was held

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip, I planned to go there for a while but always forgot. Will have to visit the arches and will post some pictures here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting, your picture made me think: As much as I like graffitti stuff and as much as I admire some of the(anonymous) guys that do them I have never actually SEEN someone painting a wall..

    Erik.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erik, this place at the Southbank in London is favorited by graffitti artists and skaters. They can spray the walls as much as they like and are left alone. I think it's great to provide them with a place where they can do this.

    ReplyDelete