Saturday 31 January 2009

Sitting on the Dock of the Bay

GRD, f5.6, 1/640, ISO 640, JPG - Taken on 09/10/2006

Took this picture while on holiday in Shanghai. Although the horizon is not straight I can't crop it because it would riun the composition. Think a leveler would have been good in this situation. I did notice that I messed the horizon up and took a 2nd picture but the scene was not the same anymore, the big ship was in a different place and the people also moves slightly. Sometimes all you have is one chance to get the shot and it's better to get it by all means even if technically it's not perfect.

3 comments:

  1. How very true - you only have one chance.
    Numerous times I have attempted to repeat a shot, each time I have failed.
    The first shot, like yours, captures spontaneity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments!

    Yesbuts, you have indeed only one chance for some pictures and trying to repeat them just does not work.

    ReplyDelete