Tuesday 6 January 2009

Water Feature

GRD, f5, 1/320, ISO 1600, JPG

While walking home I came across this new "water feature" in Greenwich. A water main must have broken so it was flooding the street around but made for a nice picture.
Now if you ask why I used ISO 1600 instead of a much lower ISO, this is because I like how the camera handles the color and together with using contrast at +2 and color depth at -2 gave me the result I wanted. I removed what little color noise there was with Noise Ninja but left the luminance noise alone.

2 comments:

  1. Appreciably less noise at ISO 1600 than you get with a Canon G9

    ReplyDelete
  2. The GRD I is really excelent at high ISO and IMHO way better than the much praised Fuji F30 since it does not use noise reduction to smear away details and you get a crisp and detailed picture.

    ReplyDelete