Monday 25 May 2009

Kilmainham Gaol


I always liked watching prison movies like 'Shawshank Redemption' or 'Escape from Alcatraz'. Since getting into photography I always enjoyed taking pictures of abandoned buildings so when I got the chance of going to an old prison here in Dublin it was great. unfortunately you have to join a tour if you want to visit Kilmainham Jail so photography is a bit limited. I really enjoyed it though and would like to try and spend more time there on my next trip to Dublin. This is why I decided to put up a series today. To give the pictures I gritty feel, I used b&w and ISO 400 or 1600 for my pictures inside the jail.
I have also updated my gallery if you want to see more pictures from Dublin and the jail.




2 comments:

  1. Can I say 'Great Capture' ?! Very well done, and the BW treatment is of course perfect for the subject matter... great stuff

    Cheers,
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nick! I was glad to have the GRD I with me, it works great for b&w and high ISO.

    ReplyDelete