Friday 27 January 2012

Red Bike


GXR A12-M, f5.6, 1 sec., ISO 400, RAW, 18mm (Voigtlander Heliar f5.6 12mm L)

Yesterday, I received my 12mm Heliar L lens but did not have too much time with it so I could only really use it today.

First impressions are very good, it is very nicely built and the quality is very good so far.
I really like the focus stops so you know when you got to infinity, 1m, 0.5m and 0.3m, this is great and I wish more lenses had it. Makes it in use a bit like the adjustable Snap AF on the other Ricoh cameras. Not that you need to worry about focusing much here anyway since at f5.6 and focus to 1m everything will be in focus anyway.
The field of view is great and despite the wide angle it is well corrected and very sharp, it also handles flare very well and has no visible CA or fringing. At f5.6 it is not super fast but you can easily handhold it at 1/30th and even lower without problems so this kind of makes up a bit for the slower aperture.

I can see this becoming my favourite lens in the summer when it's longer light outside. Need to find out if this can replace my CV 15mm, complement it or whether the 15mm is the better choice.

1 comment: