Monday 30 September 2013

Day 55 - Waterfalls and Heaven's Gate


The initial plan was to leave tonight for Hanoi but I decided to stay an extra day in Sapa and enjoy the landscape and hospitality here.



After my long walk yesterday, I should have probably taken it easy but decided to walk the 14km to the Heaven's Gate, Love Waterfall and see the silver Waterfall on the way.



While the views from Heaven's Gate and he Love Waterfall were great, the way there was mostly along a dusty main road so not the best and most scenic route. I would therefore recommend to skip this walk and just hire a bike or get someone to drive you there and back.


One thing you get while walking is strange looks but also some nice conversation with other people and you have time to think. Despite the way not being all that nice and scenic it was a decent walk overall.

Tomorrow, I will be heading to Hanoi in the evening so might go for another walk during the day.


1 comment:

  1. This place really does look like heaven, I'm so jealous of you for being able to go here yet grateful that you've shared these gorgeous images with us!

    ReplyDelete