Tuesday 5 November 2013

Day 91 - Leaving Bangkok


This will be my last day in Bangkok, at least for now as I will be travelling through here a few more times on my way to Chiang Mai, Myanmar and Malaysia.



I went to get my train ticket for the evening train to Vientianne, Laos, and headed to do some more sightseeing after spending the last days mostly in touristy areas.





One of the first temples on today's list was Wat Traimit to see the Golden Buddha, helped by the fact that it's very close to the train station and Chinatown, another place  wanted to explore.




After wandering around Chinatown a bit and through the market street there we arrived at the last stop, the Wat Ratchaburana temple.





After having a parting beer with Tom, I headed to the train station to get my 20:00 train to Vientianne. It was nice spending the time in Bangkok and with Tom but I am glad to be on the road again and headed towards new places.
Bangkok is a great place but for me it lacked the chaos and craziness of Hanoi for example, even the more seedy places are well run and organised.


2 comments:

  1. I must admit that I am more attracted to photo's with people or daily street life in it then only temples. Fortunate you show both but the first is mostly unknown in the west, the second not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!

    I do always try to show both or alternate this between posts as I think people alwasys make the place and are the main thing I am interested in seeing, sights are also nice but not as important.

    ReplyDelete