Wednesday 2 September 2015

Vietnam Independence Day - 70 Years


After lots of preparations in the past days and a practice parade on the 29th, Independence Day came along and the parade started early in the morning.




While I didn't plan on staying in Hanoi that long, it didn't make sense to leave without staying for the parade and the fireworks in the evening.




Not being organised enough meant I arrived a bit too late and since it was packed I didn't get the best views. Still, I did manage to get some photos of the parade and the people around.




The parade was pretty cool and something different although I had hoped to see some tanks and other military vehicles included, too.



The fireworks in the evening were packed and it took ages and climbing over lots of motorbikes to get to a place with a decent view.



As soon as I made it to the square and had the view it started really pouring down so the fireworks were not as spectacular as they could have been if it would have been dry.

Still, it was cool to see the celebrations and be around Hanoi for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment