Wednesday 20 February 2008

The One

GRD, f4.5, 1/400, ISO 200, RAW

Ok, some more street photography today but better than yesterday and with selective coloring. The weather was pretty bad for taking pictures as it was gray and hazy. The light was pretty flat and so did the pictures look. This came out nice though and I like that this guy was the only one with some color on the Millenium Bridge. I could've left the picture in full color without adding a lot of other colors to it.

As a sidenote, I can only recommend that anyone interested in photography gets a UMPC. I edited and uploaded this picture fully from my Samsung Q1 Ultra while having a coffee. Great for surfing, storing and editing pictures or just taking along every day. Now if Samsung would make it slightly smaller, let's say 4.5" and capable of doubling as a phone I'd buy it straight away. The iPhone is useless to me but this would be perfect.

4 comments:

  1. I agree that the Q1 U makes a good photographers partner device. The 7" screen is wonderful too.

    If you want to retain 'Windows' it will be hard to find a device that has a phone on it too though. I think we're stuck with carrying two devices in that respect but i'm sure we'll see other types of device hit the market in 2008 and 2009.

    Regards
    Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it's almost like an ad for running shoes! Walk away from the masses, since he is bearly the only one walking towards us... I do not mind hazy weather, I think it suites your style also? great!

    best
    ronald
    (looked at the tablet, but i cannot afford it..)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Steve
    The screen is indeed the best feature and worth the price. I like that it combines a picture viewer and a notebook so I don't have to carry much when on holiday.

    There are phones with Windows on them but very slow and not a full Windows so hope there might be something or I will just keep carrying two devices.

    Something like the Raon Everun or Wibrain B1 would be very good with an SD-Card slow and phone features.

    @Ronald
    Thanks for your comments. I liked how he was the only one looking energetic and standing out from the masses. Cropped the picture slightly to give him more impact.

    I like hazy weather as it makes taking pictures more challenging and the results can be very nice, especially in b&w.

    The tablet is indeed not very cheap but worth the price considering the features thet cheaper devices don't offer. Prices should go down soon with all the new announcements.

    Wanted to buy a picture viewer but hated the interface or speed of the devices or worse the screen was useless and did not want to lug around my laptop so this was the best of both worlds for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cristi.
    I use an Everun when i'm out with the camera to do instant blogging. Have a litle USB-SD adaptor which works well.
    Its amazingly portable but the screen quality is nothing compared to the impressive screen on the Q1 Ultra.

    Would you be interested in writing a guest post on UMPCPortal about how you use your Q1U? You can contact me by by email if you're interested. [chippy at umpcportal point com]

    Regards.

    Steve.

    ReplyDelete