Thursday 22 September 2011

Mobile People


GXR A12-M, f6.3, 1/3200, ISO 200, RAW, 42mm (Leica Elmarit f2.8 28mm R)

Today, I took my Leica R mount lens along with the M adapter to try it on the GXR. The lens is pretty big, especially with the lend hood attached and makes the GXR look like a Sony NEX camera with the huge lens attached to it but at least the lens does not feel like a beer can.

The quality is quite good although the cheap adapter I got off ebay has some play. I like the character of the Leica lens but am not sure if I should keep or sell it. Need to play around a bit more with it before deciding.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cris,

    Nice shot! I too like taking shots like this one. People usually don't have a clue they are being photographed ;)

    Regarding the play, I experienced the same issue with a cheap LM to Nikon adapter bought on ebay (Roxsen seller). There was a very noticeable wobble between the adapter and lens, so I asked the seller for exchange and the second adapter is perfect. They even sent me the replacement adapter before I send them the bad one back. Just ask them for exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Pavel!

    I will check with the seller regarding the play of the adapter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. roller shutter door makes a great canvas for your subjects

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bill!

    The sun was hitting the shutter so I noticed this first and then the prople in front.

    ReplyDelete