Saturday 27 December 2014

Looking Back

GRD I, f2.4, 1/20, ISO 400, JPG b&w

We all see the people sitting around with a sign or a cup waiting for someone to give them money, most of us just walk past without paying them any attention. One of the little girls did turn back to look at the guy as did I when I walked past after taking this (somewhat blurry) photo.

I didn't give him any money because I don't have any to spare and even if I had I think it's bad to give money to people doing nothing but sit around. One should not encourage such practice and I don't find it enough to have a cardboard sign or paper cup and expect to get money. They can at least do something more productive in order to earn money and no matter how much one gives the same people are in the same place the next day and the day after that.

So what I'm saying is one should never give them money but also don't just walk by completely ignoring them either.

No comments:

Post a Comment