Tuesday 20 January 2009

Blue & Yellow

GRD II, f5.6, 1/500, ISO 80, RAW

More color for my blog from today's picture. I don't know why but when using the GRD I, I almost always use either b&w and/or high ISO for my pictures, when using the GRD II however I always end up with a color picture at low ISO. There is something differnt about what you "see" depending on the camera you carry, at least for me it is.
Took this while walking back from lunch near St. Paul's today. There was a road saftey event in front of St. Paul's and the ploice had their bikes parked behind the church.

4 comments:

  1. Polices' motorcycle is so colorful that make civilian feel both safety and lively. I also live the color produced from GRDII @ Low ISO. It is the unique of GRDII that is different from GRDI, dominated in B&W @ high ISO which give us very nice film-like grain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bhuminan. I liked the colors when the sun came through the clouds, it reflected off the bike and made it very colorful.
    You are right, the color of the GRD II is very nice but it does not really produce the nice grain at higher ISOs like the GRD I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given the light conditions I was surprised to see the camera settings: 1/500 at ISO 80, I would have expected 1/250 at ISO 200.
    I would like to see some shots taken during a grey overcast afternoon (the G9 doesn't cope well, I have had to revert to using my Fuji F31fd).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesbuts, the sun was shining directly on the bike, I had to move away so not to have my shadow visible. I think the G9 would have delivered a similar result at the base ISO.

    I am sure there will be plenty of opportunity to post pictures on a grey overcast day with the current weather.

    As a tip, see if you can change the image settings in-camera to have the contrast on maximum and color on the lowest setting. I found this gives very nice colors on an overcast day.

    ReplyDelete