Sunday 22 November 2009

My Umbrella

GRD, f2.4, 1/30, ISO 400, JPG

Well, not really my umbrella but a umbreelly I saw stuck in the bushes. I thought it was quite funny and decided to take a picture of it.

Since Ricoh announced the GXR, I have not written much on it other than my post on the Wordpress blog. There are different reasons for it but the main reason is that I could not really handle one or see one in person so wold not know what to write other than to repeat the press release. The other reason is that the current two modules are not overly exciting for me and I would need to play around with them to get a better feel for them and see the performance myself.

Everyone is talking about the camera and the announcement gave Ricoh more exposure than all of their announcements in recent years put together. This is very good for them as it will expose more people to the excellent Ricoh cameras.

I hope to get a GXR sample from Ricoh soon, until then I will just read what others have to say since I don't know what to speculate other than this could potentially be either one of the most important developments in digital photography or it could fail big time. In the end I believe it all depends on the modules which will be released for it.
Overall I am quite excited though and can't wait to try the GXR myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment