Saturday 30 May 2015

Tree in B&W


This is a 20mp image created by zooming in and using the rectangular panorama mode on the OnePlus One phone with the Google Camera app.

Now, you might rightly ask why I bothered to zoom in and use the panorama mode given that I could have much easier taken one photo with the 13mp camera as is.
My reasoning was that by zooming in, I got a slight different field of view and while this decreases resolution, by utilizing the panorama mode I did not only get the resolution I lost back but also the field of view closer to what I wanted. While for this photo it was not really necessary as I could have got the same result by moving closer, it is certainly something I am thinking to explore more.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting technique. I have a Oneplus One on order, and should receive it when I am back from my travels. I might give this a go!

    ReplyDelete