Sunday 25 January 2009

Looking Back

S40, f2.6, 1.3 sec., ISO 100, JPG, 35mm - Taken on 09/02/2006

While creating a backup for all my pictures I realized that there are quite a few pictures I really like but never got round to upload anywhere. This is why I decided to look back at some of my favorite pictures from before I started my blog and post some of them here. This week will be all dedicated to my older pictures.

Today's picture has been taken with my old Pentax Option S40, my first digital camera and the camera I replaced with the Ricoh GRD. This picture is my favorite picture from this camera and made it clear to me that the camera you have with you at any time is the camera that will give you the picture. This was basically the day I decided that a dSLR would just not work fo me due to the bulk. I took this picture while walking home from work and after I decided to met a friend at a pub, I had the camera with me because it was small and so I could take this picture.

Since I will use older pictures this week, I can relax and use the GR1 again to take pictures.

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful atmosphere and a good looking photograph. Looking at some of my older photographs is something I like to do too (in particular my slides from 10 years ago). And I look forward to your results from the GR1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Relax" is the word. That's what your picture tells. Nice!

    Try not to compare digital and film cameras when you take the pictures with your GR1. Enjoy the experience brought from the good old days. I look forward to your GR1 photos again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness the weather has improved, so enjoy the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments guys!

    Wouter, I have all my pictures as screensaver and see them everytime I listen to music on my computer. It's a great way to see pictures on a big screen :).

    Mike, this is quite funny, my title for this picture is indeed "Relax" :D.
    I won't compare digital with film since for me digital will always win due to the felxibility and convenience.

    Yesbuts, I hope we will have a nice week for taking pictures. Have a nice week yourself and happy shooting :).

    ReplyDelete