Thursday 8 July 2010

Fire Through the Pinhole


Sometimes you are limited by the choices you made when you walked out of the door with only your newly designed pinhole lens but then realize a proper lens would give you the results you would like in a situation like this. Well, since it is useless to complain or regret not having brough the right gear along it is best to just try and make do with what you have. I doubt many people have tried any documentary or journalistic photography with a pinhole camera but having a digital camera with a pinhole lens does work to some degree as you can see my small series here.

Also my new design of the pinhole lens is much better and does work very well but most important is that I have a lot of fun with this.





5 comments:

  1. I wanted to ask Cris: what is a pin hole lens and why did you want to use it?

    Regards,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark, after your comment I decided to post an article with my reply, so here you are: http://ricoh-gr-diary.blogspot.com/2010/07/pinhole-gfun.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I noticed. Thanks :)

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment!

    I really liked the results and they do have an old look and feel about them you can't really reproduce in Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete