Monday 5 March 2012

Stop


GXR A12-M, f8.0, 1/10, ISO 3200, RAW, 44mm (Holga HLW v1 f8.0 29mm)

This is the first try of my new Holga lens after I adapted it for M mount, the initial idea was good and it was quick to modify it by just filing down the old mount a bit. After screwing in a L to M adapter I had my new mount in place and the lens ready for use on the GXR.
This worked all well but for one 'small' issue with the distance between lens and sensor getting bigger by doing this so I ended up with a lens only usable for close focusing. Now I need to get this somehow closer to the sensor and then I should be all set to play around with the Holga lens.

2 comments:

  1. Nice shot. Like the simplicity of it and another one in the eye for those that say not to have main subject in the centre. Pah!

    Regards things adapters.
    Just bought a L39 to M adapter via amazon, search "Potodiox leica screw to m mount" They do the usual 3 versions for different frame lines, irrelevent I know when used with the GXR. But having paid £40 + p+p some years ago for a voigtlander ring,this comes in at £12 + p+p (2.86) from USA.

    Quality certainly seems to be there. Clicks in nice and snug. Treads are good. Not a massive inconveince screwing and un screwing a lens but at this money can buy 3 for what I have paid for one and could leave on the screw lens and use as an M mount lens.

    Only had it 6 hours and well chuffed, feel I would be doing a dis service to you and other regular visitors and M mount users if I did not mention it.

    Maybe everyone already knows and I am way behind the curve on this one. But hey just had to mention it.

    Thanks
    keep up the good work
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment and tip with the Fotodiox adapters Jason!

    I am looking to order a few adapters from them.

    ReplyDelete