Monday 28 May 2012

Smoke over the Wharf


GXR A12-M, f5.6, 1 sec., ISO 200, RAW, 53mm (Jupiter-12 f2.8 35mm L)

If you get woken up at 3am by an air siren in London, it either means the Germans are fed up with the European situation and decided to finish the job in bombing London or there is a big fire somewhere at factory or warehouse. ;)
Today, it was the less exciting option and it just meant I did not get much sleep between 3-5am because of a fire at a warehouse in North Greenwich.
Since I was up already I decided to take some pictures of it an got a few from my terrace, I should have probably gone to the Thames for some more spectacular pictures but I was too tired for this.

2 comments:

  1. I heard about that fire on the radio. Caused gridlock on the roads the next day. Quite a nice glow in this image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Bill!

    I should have probably gone to the Thames for a better view and a more exciting picture.

    ReplyDelete