Tuesday 25 March 2008

Flower Viewing

GRD, f5, 1/640, ISO 64, RAW, 40mm

"In the Kamigata area, they have a sort of tiered lunchbox they use for a single day when flower viewing. Upon returning, they throw them away, trampling them underfoot. The end is important in all things."

I start today's entry with a quote from one of my favorite movies 'Ghost Dog - The Way of the Samuray'. This is because I took the title from there and I think it fits.
Hanami or flower viewing is a tradition in Japan when old and young people go to their beautiful gardens or parks and take pictures of the Cherry blossoms. Even people on their way home from work and during lunch either have a camera or use their mobile phone to take pictures.
I am impressed and really like this as photography is alot more accepted and respected here than in Europe.
Took the shot with the GRD I for no reason other than I had it ready and the 40mm lens mounted on it. Cropped slightly to give it more of a panorama feel.

2 comments:

  1. Japan looks so amazing and fascinating. Wonderful photo Cristi.

    ReplyDelete