Sunday 2 March 2008

Sundy Coffee

GRD, f4.5, 1/10, ISO 200, RAW

A lazy Sunday afternoon and what better to do than go out and have a coffee. I like the picture and used a slow shutter speed to capture the steam rising.
The tite is not a typo but a reference to Sundy Coffee a rip-off bar in Shanghai where "students" try to take you and have you pay a lot of money for their drinks. While we did not go inside we managed to take a picture of the drinks menu and believe me it is very expensive. So if you're in Shanghai on Nanjing Road do not follow "students" to this place and take them to Starbucks instead, a lot more fun and cheaper ;).
You can see a picture of the menu here.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy my coffee there and the price is reasonable compare to overseas.

    STARBUCKS ARE RIP OF CUS ITS POWDERED COFFEE!!

    If u cant enjoy coffee go somewhere cheap for cheap coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The price for coffee might be reasonable but everything else is very expensive ;).
    I can post a picture of the menu if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I was lured there by a student and yes I was ripped off, especially the Spirits drink prices. The prices are written in such a way that a shot price for Chivas Regal looks like 36RMb but when you get your account and argue about the final rip off amount and then check the menu again, it turns out they are 360RMB per shot. Even Shanghai airport price is 59RMB per shot. Yes Cristi, I would like a copy of the menu. Please send to treronald@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment Ron, sorry to hear about you getting ripped off at Sundy Coffee but most people going to China probably made similar experiences.

    I sent you a copy of the menu in an email. This is a bit older but I don't think much has changed.

    ReplyDelete