Monday 24 March 2008

Memento Mori

GRD II, f3.5, 1/15, ISO 400, RAW

It's more difficult than I thought to find free wifi hotspots in Tokyo, guess it's not necessary here since all phones have HSDPA. So I don't think that I'll get round to update my blog very often in the next week or so. Will do a batch upload when I get the chance though so keep checking the blog for more.

Anyway, todays picture is the first GRD II picture and shows the Mori tower with the famous spider in front. The GRD II is great, fast and very responsive. One thing I really don't like are the horrible jpgs that are full of artefacts, I need to adapt my post processing for it. Also the focus priority instead of shutter priority is really annoying and needs fixing fast. Aside from that it's great though. Hope a firmware update to fix these things will be available VERY soon.

Tokyo is a great place and very far ahead of any other country I've been to. People are fantastic here, very nice and helpful.
While I thought it would be easy to get great street shots here it is more difficult as it is crowded and very fast paced. There is a lot happening all the time and interesting people are everywhere. Think it takes me getting used to this but Kyoto and Hiroshima should be different in this respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment