Saturday 26 November 2016

A Rainy Day in Hong Kong


The day started and ended with rain but it was reasonably dry in between to go for a walk around Kowloon.



For this trip, I decided to take the Epson RD-1 and 28mm GR lens with me and only use tis combination, although I had the Ricoh GR as a backup camera along.



It took me a bit to get back into the flow of using the RD-1 and taking photos without being able to focus or frame accurately but soon I just preset everything and didn't think too much about the camera.



I really missed just walking around and taking photos, my recent 'street photography' has been done mostly from the back of a motorbike.



Hong Kong is one of the best places for street photography, next to maybe New York, Tokyo and London. There is always something going on and there are lots of people around.




I just kept walking and taking photos and almost forgot about eating or stopping to take a break.




In the evening I planned to go take photos around the night markets but the rain meant I decided to stick closer to the buildings and take photos around the hotel I stayed at.



The rain, neon signs and people with umbrellas combined with the unique image quality from the D-1 give the photos a great character and I ended up with more photos than I could post here.



It's been a great and very productive day in terms of photography and I certainly missed that despite loving being on a motorbike and enjoying the open road.


No comments:

Post a Comment