Wednesday 10 September 2008

Fill the Gap

GRD II, f4.5, 1/320, ISO 200, RAW

Not much camera talk today, aside from mentioning that the GRD II pictures are not as crisp as the GRD I pictures although they have less noise and more details, they look a bit flat.
I took a walk during lunch but although I've seen a small demonstration, some interesting people and a pro-photographer with 2 big and heavy cameras, I did not spot a lot of really good photo opportunities. Besides, I don't want to always post street shots on my blog or it will get repetitive.
This is a picture that I wanted to take for a photography competition about containers but it is not as good as it needs to be, for this I would need a bit more zoom since I can not walk closer and a more dramatic perspective.

2 comments:

  1. What a load of rubbish! :)

    Hi Cristi
    I know exactly where this shot was taken - the number of times I have waited for the gates to open while they load the barge with containers of the City's rubbish.

    They park (wrong word) barges with yellow coloured containers just upstream of Blackfriars Bridge (by OXO Tower), you might get a good shot there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, the place is quite interesting. Walked past it a few times but never thought of what it is.
    Thanks for the tip, will have a look for my Container picture. This is the link if you are interested in entering: http://www.shipsandboxes.com/eng/tandcs/

    ReplyDelete