Friday 19 September 2008

"This is where I used to work"

GX, f2.7, 1/290, ISO 64, JPG, 28mm

We finally had a warm and sunny day, feels like ages since the last time it was nice. Went to meet friends at Canary Wharf and took this picture on my way there. Really liked the scene and seeing them together. The GX performs well but the LCD is pretty much useless and so is the OVF although it is better than on most compact cameras and the controls are not as refined as in the latest Ricoh cameras but you can see how it started and compared to some other cameras it is miles ahead. You can say what you want about Ricoh cameras but when it comes to controls they are the best and people who actually use cameras seem to design them and not people who hate using cameras or have 12 tiny fingers ;).

4 comments:

  1. What a coincidence I devoted yesterdays blog to Canary Wharf - great photographic opportunities. But architecturally overpowering I much prefer the twist and turns, narrow streets of the Old City.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed a coincidence, like your series.
    Canary Wharf is full of photographic opportunities but a bit to artificial for me so I also much prefer the City.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy visiting your blog everyday these days. I came here from the ricoh forum of DPreview. I really like your photographs and it seems like what makes me do so is not only the photo itself (the composition, the color, the objects...) because I am just a biginer in photograpy, but the feeling it carries, that mean I like the way you see and feel the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment Ryki1015! I am very glad you enjoy my blog and the feel of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete