Tuesday 16 September 2008

The Painter

GX, f2.7, 1/15, ISO 100, JPG, 35mm

Took a walk on my way home along the Thames in North Greenwich. The weather was miserable, grey, overcast and dark so not ideal to take pictures. It was still nice walk and the GX did a good job but the metering (on mine) is way off and the display difficult (or impossible) to see from extreme angles. I also notice that I look for different photo opportunities with the GX than I would with a GRD and I use the long end of the zoom most.
This picture is my favorite from the walk since it combines the three themes I like most when taking pictures, 'Street', 'People (painting or taking pictures)' and 'Industry'. The industrial theme was what made me take the walk to begin with but I was quite happy when I came across this guy painting the very same thing I wanted to take a picture of.

3 comments:

  1. I wish we could turn the clock back 30~50 years, when there was still heavy industry: flames, steam and smoke; also the London Docks were still open. Just think of the photographic opportunities, makes my mouth water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like from the past. Wonderful photograph.

    Reminder: Only week from Photokine :)

    Cheers,
    Wouter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments!

    Yesbuts, turning the clock back would be very interesting but it would also mean that I would not have the GRD and not be into photography. So I would like seing everything but would n ot have many pictures to show ;).

    Wouter, I can't wait till Photokina. Want to play around with the G1 and also see the G10 and P6000 in person. Hopefully there will be more interesting announcements.

    ReplyDelete