Saturday 16 January 2010

SWPP Model 2010

GXR, f2.5, 1/189, ISO 200, RAW, 50mm

After the picture of a model at last year's SWPP Convention and Tradeshow, I decided to post another model picture.

One technical thing is that the GXR EVF is the best EVF currently on the market as it never gets grainy no mater how little light you have available. The m4/3 EVFs all get grainy in low light and when pointing to anything black as I have tried out on the EP-2 today.

I have also tried the Panasonic GF-1 and am still very tempted, it is in a different universe when it comes to the AF compared to the GXR. It has it's own problems but as a camera it's fantastic and Ricoh really need to look closer at this for their next GXR module. If Panasonic can release a GF-1 with the LC1 build and controls I will be the first in line to get one.
I also believe the m4/3 sensors are superior to APS sensors for any live view camera and hope Ricoh will release a m4/3 camera or at least lenses for m4/3 that don't rely on in-camera tricks.

2 comments:

  1. >If Panasonic can release a GF-1 with the LC1
    >build and controls I will be the first in line to get one.

    I'll be second. I have a Leica Digilux 2 (same as LC1) and love using it. It's too bad that they, literally, don't make them like they used to. Cool blog, BTW.

    Alberto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Alberto!

    There are a few people like us who would love to see a LC2 so let's hope Panasonic will surprise us with an announcement soon or Ricoh will release a LC2-type module for the GXR.

    ReplyDelete