Monday 31 October 2011

Red Wall


GF1, f0.95, 1/25, ISO 100, RAW, 50mm (Voigtlander Nokton f0.95 25mm)

I just love the Nokton lens for m4/3 and it is together with the 7-14mm lens the only reason for me at the moment to keep the GF1 or keep m4/3. The feel of the lens and build is fantastic and in this respect it's one of the best lenses I have.
I tried the Nokton f1.1 50mm M lens over the weekend and need to try the new Nokton f1.2 35mm M lens to see if any can replace this lens for me on the GXR.
After using the GXR for the last weeks it was not easy to go back to the GF1 in terms of handling and usability, also manually focusing with the GF1 is nowhere near as good as on the GXR.

Today, was a try to see if it's worth taking the GF1 with both or one of the lenses with me on my trip to Vietnam, Cambodia and Hong Kong. Right now I am not sure if it's worth to take along the GF1 for use with only the 7-14mm lens when needed.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful shot. Great composition. But i wonder.is a photo like this viewing on a ipad not possible with all the camera,s and lenses you describe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super shot, Cristian. It is usually your B&W work that I appreciate and admire most but this shot is an excellent capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments!

    I like the character and look the Nokton lens produces and would love to use it on my GXR.

    S.C, i am not sure I understand the question fully but you should be able to see my blog on an iPad unless I use a Flickr Gallery which uses Flash.
    As for travelling the Asus Transformer for me is the better device because the iPad does not allow me to create a backup on a hard drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stand out image! Love the 1:1 crop. Love the overall colour. The person kept small in comparison the large expanse of architecture.

    This one just jumps out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment Laura!

    ReplyDelete