Tuesday 1 April 2008

Green

GRD II, f3.2, 1/50, ISO 80, RAW, 21mm

After a few days I managed to find another place with stable Wifi connection :). I will try to respond to all posts today but if I don't manage I will do so as soon as possible.
Who said that small sensor cameras have problems capturing details in trees? I really like how this shot came out and the details it contains. This also explains why the converted jpg is 9MB. The GRD II did a great job with the 21mm lens although there is minor fringing visible which I did not correct due to time restraints.
The GRD II is becoming more and more my main camera, the fast RAW writing, higher dynamic range and better colors all attribute to that. I also found a way to post process the files and get more out of them, it's amazing how much you can get out of the RAW files of the GRD II. Another nice thing is the slightly improved jpgs with the new firmware 2.0.

4 comments:

  1. What software do you use for post processing, if I may ask?

    Greets from Nuremberg, Germany
    Jan aka Purejinx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, I used CS3 for this but also use Silkypix sometimes.

    Gruesse nach Nueremberg,

    Cristian

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks phenomenal Cristi. The GRDII with the additional lenses looks like great fun. I should ask Ricoh now I have dust in the GX100 again :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. dust in the GX100? i've seen this before. Spent half the day hitting the damn thing on my palm trying to move it. Apparently the GX100 is prone to getting dust stuck inside it?

    ReplyDelete