Monday 7 April 2008

One Way

GRD II, f2.4, 1/60, ISO 100, RAW

Well, holiday is over so it was back to work today. Takes some getting used to after a long holiday, definitely makes picture taking more difficult.
After using both the GRD I and GRD II with the 21mm and 40mm lens on holday I decided to only take one camera and no extra lenses with me for this week. Want to keep it simple and focus on the camera alone. I took the GRD II since it delivers overall better mage quality, although the GRD I will still remain my main b&w street camera. The GRD II is great and delivers better image quality when developing the RAW files but the b&w quality no match for the GRD I jpgs. I like the high contrast and grainy look the GRD I jpgs provide and see no reason to spend time developing RAW files and converting them to b&w since it offers no real advantage. As it is I am still not 100% taken over by the GRD II and still need my trusty "old" GRD for certain tasks before it can retire ;).
Took this image after work on my way to the train station. I saw this place before and always wanted to take a picture there. Sometimes if you see a place you have an idea for a picture in mind but need to wait for the right time and moment to take it. This happened here but this is not the shot I saw and had in mind. Still, I liked this shot so much that I decided to post it for now and retake the original planned image at a later time. Cropped the image slightly to achieve almost the 1:1 ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment