Thursday 24 April 2008

Smoking in the Rain

GRD II, f2.4, 1/80, ISO 100, RAW

Today I could not decide between 4 pictures which one to take for the blog. I finally decided to use this but will upload the other pictures on Flickr plus some other images that did not make it on my blog recently.
The reason I took it as the pic for today is that the more I looked at it during post processing the more details I found in it that I was not even aware when taking it. If you look closely you can find that a few items are available twice. I also like the mix between static and movement in the image.

Since my GRD I is with Ricoh now for a handgrip change and electronics check-up I've been using exclusively the GRD II and the My 1 and 2 modes are great, allow for very fast switching btween different settings and make it so easy to take pictures. There are people out ther who will say the most important thing about a camera is the image quality but I say the only most important thing is the handling and controls of the camera. A camera with great handling and controls will get shots that no other camera will get just because one likes to use it and it's easy and fast to set up so you can get the shot. During my comparisons for the GRD I and GRD II and the GX and GX100 I'll go into more detail about his. I will also post something about this on SeriousCompacts as soon as I have more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment