Sunday 11 May 2008

London's Eye

GRD II, f4.5, 1/25, ISO 80, RAW

Took this picture while on my way home today. Since I did not have any pictures I decided to make a tourist stop and take a picture of the Big Ben to post for today. But on m way there I decided to take one of the London Eye. I took a similar picture before but was not that happy with. This time I wanted to have it look like a GRD I b&w image. I cropped it to the 1:1 mode, sharpened it, added noise and sharpened it some more. This is now exactly how I wanted it to look and comes very close to the GRD I but took me more time to get there.

2 comments:

  1. Despite the hazzles of your post processing I still like the photograph.
    The GRDII seems to speak a different language and want to be treated accordingly. Make them work more together instead of comparing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wouter, I know what you mean but I would like to find a way and carry only one GRD with me instead of two. Carrying both plus adapter lenses defies the purpose of having bought a compact camera althoug they still are light and compact. Guess I am in the same phase now as Mitch when he got the GRD II. Finding a way to utilize he strengths of the GRD II but also getting the image character of the GRD I.

    ReplyDelete