Friday 23 May 2008

View over Budapest

GRD II, f2.4, 1/30, ISO 228, RAW, 40mm

Don't worry, I have not stopped pestering you with my daily rubbish and pics. And nothing happened to me or my cameras, all 4 are well off and take pictures ;). Had to abandon my weekly theme since I went on a surprise trip to Budapest. This made it difficult to post on time. All pictures will be uploaded as soon as I get to it but latest on Wednesday when I'm back. Will also post my experiences from the trip and with using my 4 cameras and a GX100 at times.

4 comments:

  1. well... that's a nice surprise! those things do not happen to me! :)
    A great picture, just soft enough, lovely framed, maybe a bit less foreground?

    if that's the atmosphere of Budapest I would like to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos Cris. Excellent picture and I am looking forward to your comparison. To be honest. Don't compare the GX100 lens in the same league as the GRD lens. That is simply not fair. In the nineties the GR1 lens was regarded as one of the best (and cheapest) 28mm lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Budapest!! Enjoy that trip, Cris. Surely plenty of great photo opportunities. Looking forward!!

    Have a nice time.. Erik.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments, I had a great time in Budapest but am back now for more postings on my blog ;).

    Ronald, you are right with the less foreground. Thought it worked better if they are central but the foreground is a bit too much.
    Budapest is like that and a very nice place. The only bad things are the graffitti everywhere and there are no bike lanes so you have to dodge bikes all the time.

    Wouter, the GX100 performed very well, excellent I would say and is not much worse that the GRD lens. The only downside is that it is slower when zooming in so my wish for the GX200 would be a lens similar to the Panasonic LC1 f2-f2.4 or constant f2.8 28mm-85mm lens.

    Erik, there were indeed lots of nice photo opportunities. Took lots of pictures but now I am running into the limit of my hard drive space (again).

    ReplyDelete