Friday 25 July 2008

Curves

GRD, f5, 1/640, ISO 64, JPG, 8.4mm

I finally got my GRD I back from Ricoh after they changed the lens assembly. Really missed the camera. It does feel different using it.
Using the GRD I for the first time with the fish-eye lens showed that although it has the better noise and colors to emulate a Lomo it does not remember the manual focus when turned off and the metering is more affected than on the GRD II.

I liked this scene due to the curves on the road, the car and the lens. I added some noise and increased the contrast even more than I did in-camera. Now it looks more like I had in mind when taking it. While I usually keep the jpgs from the GRD I as they are out of the camera the fish-eye lens pictures work better with some post processing.

3 comments:

  1. A great shot. Very cool perspective and I really like the color balance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The headlight looks like an eye looking at me.
    Like the image - a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for both your comments. This is the great thing about the fish-eye lens, makes a average picture more than it is and gives a different perspective to things.

    ReplyDelete