Sunday 6 July 2008

Rain at the End of the Tunnel

GRD II, f2.8, 1/125, ISO 200, RAW

A rainy Sunday in London. It means the Wimbledon finals were on and it is always raining during it.
After using the LC1 yesterday it was again time for the GRD II. The My settings are really great since it makes for very fast and convenient changes of the main settings and allow to take some fast shots after taking the camera out.
On this picture I liked how the GRD II rendered the light but decided to increase the contrast a little bit more. The GR lens certainly has a very different character than the LC1 lens and is more contrasty, plus the sensors in the GRDs have a lower dynamic range which works in my favor when going for a high contrast look.

2 comments:

  1. I see you walk the same streets as me.
    What are the odds of us taking each others photo?
    Its a great place too take a camera for a walk, and you have some great images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny as I thought the exact same thing after looking through your recent updates on your blog. Wonder if we stood next to each othet not knowing it.
    London has a lot of interesting places to go and take pictures and there is always something on.
    Thanks, I also like your pictures, find it very interesting to see a different view of the very same places I pass by every day.

    ReplyDelete