Thursday 31 July 2008

The Dark Tower

GRD, f4, 1/1410, ISO 200, JPG sepia

Another sepia and architecture picture, sepia works sometimes better to give the image a different feel than black and white could. The sepia mode out of the GRD I is great and better than what other cameras offer.
This church tower somehow reminds me on one of the covers I've seen used for Stephen King's The Dark Tower books. It was also on my way home and the strange weather today made this the best picture although the clouds were not dramatic enough.

7 comments:

  1. Lord of the Rings came to mind...Really moody picture and I like how you framed it.

    Erik.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is bit too dark for my taste. I would personally accentuated some highlight parts of this gothic church building.

    I love how the sky brightens up above the tower, and I agree on the sephia look working well for this photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for both your comments.
    Wouter, you are right in that the church should probably be more accentuated but I wanted to make it as dark as possible but without loosing the main parts of the structure.
    For this picture I used the color bracketing in´the GRD I since I could not decide how I wanted it. Great to have this feature, especially if it's usable with the jpgs created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some beautiful shots in here, I'm very fond of this one. It has a slight sense of nostalgia to it...just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you very much Nina.
    It is quite strange how the color or tone of an image affects what we think of it. Taking the same picture but making it colder and grey it would give a different feel to it.

    ReplyDelete