Wednesday 26 November 2008

Saatchi Portraits


There won't be any update on my blog tomorrow, this is the only day I will take off from posting anything so I decided to have a slightly longer than usual series. Following Yesbuts' recommendation I went to see the new Saatchi Gallery in London today and see the exhibitions. It was very interesting and well worth the visit. I tok quite a few pictures but realized that most are portraits so I decided to post a full series based on this.
This month's Ricohforum contest theme is also Portraits. While I don't think I will use any of these pictures for the contest it makes a change from my usual pictures. All are taken with the GX200 in RAW mode at various ISOs but it's mainly between 64 and 400.

On a side note, there is also a new firmware available for the Ricoh GRD II you can download it from here. I already installed it and the new "shutter priority" mode is very nice and should come in handy.
Finally, it also has a moving AF target but no AE target? This is something Ricoh implemented since the R8 in cameras except in the GR series. I still don't understand why it hasn't been implemented fuly like in the other cameras, afterall the GRD II is the flagship camera. Still, good to see another firmware update for the GRD II.









4 comments:

  1. Nice set photos. Glad you enjoyed the visit.
    I like the room of past world leaders in their wheelchairs, the detail of the modelling is truly fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shots and your blog! BTW, the firmware in English is usually available at the following link at the same time that it is released in Japanese...

    http://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/download/firmware/grd2/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments!

    Yesbuts, the room with the past world leaders in wheelchairs is great and the modelling is indeed fantastic, very lifelike.

    Anonymous, glad you like my blog and thanks for the link. Will update my post.

    ReplyDelete