Friday 31 July 2009

Late Night Final

GRD, f9, 1/1250, ISO 400, JPG b&w

Took this picture after work today. On a Friday evening when the sun is out Canary Wharf goes mad, there are people everywhere stadning outside, drinking and talking. The reflections and shadows make picture taking really nice but the ammount of people make it quite difficult to get the desired composition at times.
If you wonder why I took this picture at ISO 400 in bright sun, it is because I like the noise/grain I get from the GRD at this ISO. Clean and noisefree pictures always look digital to me and don't have enough character.

2 comments:

  1. And the newspaper placard sets the picture in one moment of time.

    Nice capture.

    Did the newspaper salesman say anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yesbuts!
    The guy did notice me but did not really say anything. At the same time I was occupied with taking more pictures and talking to friends to really pay attention. ;)

    ReplyDelete