Thursday 23 October 2008

Cans

GRD, f2.4, 1/20, ISO 200, JPG, 40mm

Today I finally made it to Leake Street, the new home for graffitti artists and unfortunatelly vandals alike. It is an interesting place right under Waterloo station where you can see some nice graffitti art but unfortunatelly also some stupid scribblings by talentless vandals. The guy in the picture is an artist so while I dislike stupid scribblings I agree with what he's doing and think it's cool. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.
I cropped the picture to the 1:1 format, removed some color noise and boosted the contrast a bit. The focus was on the cans and I wanted the guy in the background slighty out of focus and have some motion blur.

7 comments:

  1. That is a great composition Cristi! This photograph has a documentary feel telling a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thenks Wouter! I wanted to get up close so the 40mm lens is good for this and the GRD overall discreet enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The viewpoint is really great. Very nice documentary photograph. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Marco about the viewpoint.

    I pass through Leake Street about once a week, there still is (and unfortunately covered over)great works, but I get so very annoyed with those mindless vandals who daub their tags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great composition and the very appropriate use of color in the street!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice framing. The 1x1 format works great here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comments guys!

    While I like b&w pictures, it's good to use color sometimes since this would not have worked in b&w. The good thing about digital is that you can make these choices depending of the situation and not depending of the film in your camera.

    Yesbuts, we have the same point of view about graffitti art and vandalism.

    ReplyDelete