Monday 20 October 2008

The Clean-up

GRD, f4.5, 1/320, ISO 400, JPG

Sometimes I am lucky to be in the right place at the right time, like here, here or here. Everytime I passed by and got the chance to snap some interesting pictures. Today however, I passed by the right place but at the wrong time. This means I missed the main action and only saw the clean-up efforts and cordoned-off street. This did not provide that many good picture opportunities.

Now on to a few Ricoh related news bits, first is the rumor of a Ricoh dSLR as reported on Wouter's blog, then it's Tom's Ricoh GRD II mock-up rendering on his blog so make sure you have a look and post your opinions and last but not least there is an opportunity to vote for the proposed walks around London during our offical Ricohforum meet-up. Tomorrow is also the opening of the Ring Cube photo exhibition space in the San-ai building in Ginza, Tokyo. It will display the selections from the 8th Ricoh contest and might also have other intersting news to offer. So if you're near make sure you take some pictures and let me know.

5 comments:

  1. You can't have it all with the action. But it is a nice photograph anyway, Cristi.

    The Ricoh dSLR news took me by suprise, but I hope the camera will be much smaller (more like the Tom's design).

    Is your photograph on display too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, can't always be where the action is. I quite like the picture, he looks almost like he is dancing ;).

    I am not sure what to think of the dSLR news since I did not get the impression Ricoh would want to go down this route.

    Unfortunatelly my picture was not selected so it won't be on display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some years ago a cyclist was killed on Blackfriars Bridge. I witnessed the "cleaning up". These chaps, who I am sure are purely paid, are sometimes called upon to perform very unpleasant duties.

    As a non-Ricoh owner (expected to be struck by lightening after typing that)I am intrigued by devotion (not too strong a word) owners have for the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way the last comment was meant as a complement not a derogatory remark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine the clean-up job is not always pleasant.

    Don't worry, you won't be struck by lightning nor did I take your comment as derogatory, I understood is as a complimet like you meant it.
    You are right however, that Ricoh users are devoted to their cameras. This is to no little part due to Ricoh as a company standing behind their products, very enthusiastic about their products, taking in feedback and appreciating their customers. I can't believe there is any other company showing the same attitude towards their customers as Ricoh does.

    ReplyDelete