Thursday 16 October 2008

Looking Up

GRD, f4, 1/220, ISO 100, JPG, 40mm

The light was great this afternoon, it was sunny but we had a lot of dark clouds in the sky. This creates great reflections due to the low angle of the sun and the clouds blocking it in part. This and cloudy but bright days are best to use the following JPG color settings on the GRD I. I set the contrast to +2, the color depth to -2 and the sharpness to +1. It produces great colors, especially the longer the exposure is. This shot was taken in A-mode though but I will write a post with the settings and the way I use the GRDs soon.

8 comments:

  1. The floor and shadows are beautiful. Maybe you could have used more of that for framing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wouter! I did take a few pictures focusing only on the floor and the shadows but chose this instead. The guy in the picture gave it more life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful light and colors, indeed! I would be very interested in your settings recommendations - it´s always good to learn something new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cristi

    Apologies for using your blog to pass a message to dic,but he has a problem with his web site.

    dic
    The message I get when clicking on your web site is:

    “NoScript intercepted a mouse or keyboard interaction with a partially hidden element”

    Thanks Cristi - and by the way I have no idea about the location of today's image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks dlc for your comment!
    I will try to get this done soon and also finish the other things I was working on.

    Yesbuts, this is no problem :).
    The picture is taken at Canary Wharf at the Jubilee Place entrance next to the old Lehman Brothers building.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great moment...Looking forward to that "settings" post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid ! colors and monochrome style, geometry on the floor, and the guy ! well done! I am waiting your good advice, too.

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Val and James for your comments!

    ReplyDelete