Wednesday 24 June 2009

Mirror View

GRD II, f4, 1/250, ISO 80, RAW

Most photographers don't like shooting in the bright midday sun because of the harsh shadows. I take a big part of my pictures at that time though because this is when I usually get the chance to go out and take pictures. I do like the harsh shadows and have no problem with this but I also like high contrast pictures. The best thing about taking pictures at that time are the reflections you can get in Canary Wharf but also in other places.
I like this picture because it is washed out but the mirror image is well exposed and creates a contrast. The other reason is that the mirror image of the guy looks somewhat different, almost as it is another person.

On a side note, there will be a public hands-on event for the Olympus E-P1 at the Jessops near Tottenham Court Road tomorrow from 6pm. I will go there and will try to get some time with the camera and post my impressions. If you have any questions or want to know anything specific let me know and I will try to find out if possible.

4 comments:

  1. Well, then this would be the next shot for your people gallery. :)
    Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck for your visit to Jessops. I absolutely detest that particular branch, it must provide one if not the worse customer service in London; you can wait hours to be served in the department located in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to hearing your feedback on the E-P1. Lovely shot, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment DLC, I hope to get the gallery up soon.

    Yesbuts, you are right, I am not a big fan of the store either but do go by there every now and then if I am in the area. I prefer Jacobs across the road though.

    Thanks Marco, you can find my report online now.

    ReplyDelete