Thursday 17 September 2009

Nobody Cares Anymore

GRD III, f3.5, 1/400, ISO 64, RAW

This was the very first cinema I ever went to so it is very sad to see that it's been abandoned and left to rot for the last 10 years.
Like a lot of things in Romania, people stopped carying about them and now they are abandoned and fall apart. With a bit of care this old cinema could get back to the glory it deserves but people are too preoccupied with themselves and how to make easy money in order to care.

I have also updated my gallery if you want to see more pictures from Romania click here.

9 comments:

  1. A close-up colour photo of the peeling posters would exemplify the decay and provide a date stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A close-up colour photo of the peeling posters would exemplify the decay and provide a date stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A close-up colour photo of the peeling posters would exemplify the decay and provide a date stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment Mr Lonely!
    I will have a closer look at your blog but found it quite interesting so far.

    Yesbuts, I did think of providing a closeup of the peeling posters but really wanted to show the whole building.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture ... great blog !!!

    I have started mine with my new GR D III - what an outstanding gear this is :-)

    Regards

    Peter

    http://mycandidphoto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment Peter!
    I had a look at your blog and will add it to my Blogroll so I can follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Romania gallery as well as the other photo's you are posting. Shame about the old theater, seems like these old buildings are just in the way in too many places....such memories and beauty.

    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry I posted anonymous, I forgot I had an account. Please keep posting your impressions of GRDIII and I am hoping for a review very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment Joel!
    Glad you like the Romania gallery. I agree that old building seem to be in the way too often and are either left abandoned or replaced by boring new buildings without any character.

    If all goes well I should get my GRD III review done by early next week.

    ReplyDelete