Thursday 7 August 2008

It's A Rainy Day

GRD, f3.5, 1/810, ISO 200, JPG b&w, 21mm

Took this shot in front of St. Paul's while out for lunch, it was raining at that time but a few minutes later the sun came out. The weather can't really make it's mind up recently. I always use the hood with one of the lenses now when taking pictures out in the rain. This goes a while back to me almost killing my GRD I when the lens barrel got wet in the rain and retracted, afterwards the camera started acting up. Lucky for me it fixed itself and works fine now. So one of my wishes for the GRD III would be to make it completely weather proof.

5 comments:

  1. Like the textures and patterns created by the umbrellas, but I can´t stop asking myself what was going on..??

    Intriguing, nice framing.

    Best, E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The convex looks of the umbrellas and the vertical lines of the cathedral create an interesting image. Nice composition.

    GRD is too vulnerable to water indeed. Any third-party water-proof housing specially made for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments guys!

    I could tell you what was going on Erik but this would take away the mystery and I am sure you have a much better story of what could be going on in your mind than the reality could ever be. :D

    Mike, I haven't seen any waterproof housing for the GRDs but I am affraid it could make the camera too bulky if attached. The lenshood protects it fairly well though but I would not use it in the pouring rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a summer - the BBC Weatherman said the rain was going to stop, and would be replaced by showers.:)

    I see miserable groups of tourists shuffling through the streets of London - like you I don't want to get my G9 wet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how the tourists must feel, the worst case is to go on holiday and have it raining for most of your time there. Hope the weather improves soon.

    ReplyDelete