Friday 22 August 2008

Bus No. 56



I have another series for today that I just happened to come across after work. This was not what I planned to post today but it is a lot more interesting.
Sometimes just taking a walk instead of the Tube or bus is a lot more rewarding. You never know what you come across (remember my Fire in the Hood and the Stranded posts). This reminds me of a quote from Sin City: "Walk down the right back alley in Sin City and you can find everything". It certainly is true that by walking around and keeping your eyes open you can find a lot of very interesting things. These don't have to be burning cars or accidents but a nice and calm moment that would be lost in time otherwise like this. The important thing is to slow down and look around you. And yes, having a camera ready to record it is even better ;).

All pictures are taken with the Panasonic LC1 and this although I also had both GRDs and the GX100 with me but the extra zoom of the LC1 worked better here, especially since I could not get too close and did not have the 40mm lens for the GRDs. I cropped all to the 16:9 format to give them a cinema flair although this time I did not compose them for this format but they still work.





2 comments:

  1. And there was I thinking only bendy busses went on fire.
    Its great when you come across opportunities for such shots - guess we are lucky to be in London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems bendy busses are not the only ones to be a 'hot debate' right now ;).
    We are indeed lucky to be in London since there is always something happening here.

    ReplyDelete