Sunday 3 August 2008

Life at Snail's Pace

GRD, f4, 1/17, ISO 400, JPG b&w

I planned on uploading a color comparison between the GRD I, GRD II, GX and GX100 today but the weather had other plans. I has been gray and raining almost all day so there was no chance of taking any decent color pictures to show any difference. This comparison will have to wait till tomorrow if the weather permits.
The rain stopped in the evening so I went out for a walk but it was too dark to take pictures (as you can see from the exif information for this picture) so I only took a few to have some choice for today's blog pic. I cropped it to the 1:1 format but did not process it further.

7 comments:

  1. I like the way the immediate surroundings of the snail is sharp, while anything beyond it is blurred. It nicely reflects the way a snail might perceive time (or life) at its own pace. A very nice picture and thought-provoking title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is agreat picture...the contrast of the soft snail and the hard shell is something I have always found lovely. The rain (something I love) makes it even better.

    N.G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for both your comments! I tried to give the image some depth but not too much. The snail was actually moving pretty fast (for a snail anyway) so made it difficult to get the composition I wanted. Rain always adds to certain pictures and gives a different mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Snail" and "fast" in the same sentence...Vey nice picture, and I like the fact that it is B&W, makes a great use of light and texture. Oh, by the way, I also have a soft spot for snails..

    I´m a softie.. ;-)

    Erik.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, a softie indeed Erik ;). And you are also right that "snail" and "fast" in the same sentence do not quite fit but the snail moved too fast to capture it at 1/5th and ISO 100. I have a nice picture from the side with motion blur and it looks really cool, "Speedy S - The fastest Snail in the UK!" :P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Cristi. This looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment Wouter!

    ReplyDelete