Friday 17 April 2009

Blue Door

GRD, f2.8, 1/160, ISO 200, JPG

I find old doors fascinating. Like old or abandoned buildings I have to ask myself where these doors lead and what their story is. Why is that a door was once usefull and is now overgrown and disused? Is there still an entrance on the other site or does it open to a blank wall?
Mostpeople look for beautyin new and nice things as it is obvious and easy to find but for me, old things and ugly things have a special beauty about them that can't be found anywhere else.

10 comments:

  1. Long time no visiting your blog, but you never stop pacing your creation, Mr. ricoh. Old things have their style, I usually crave for taking pictures of old things around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you're back and thanks for your comment!
    I think old things generally have something about them and appeal to photographers more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, but this photograph has such a beautiful feeling. Something like a glow and 3D feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ivy looks like a monkey climbing up the door. Well seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great contrast between the new living and old door. I look for this when I am out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning shot. So this was jpeg, but what type of program if any are you using for processing??

    I just bought a GRD II last week and I am really enjoying it. It rewards hard work and is not idiot proof by any means..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have used Photoshop to process the JPG but have only added some vignetting and have used the curves tool to boost the contrast.
    I don't do much post-processing and usually only adjust the contrast with the curves tool.

    The GRD II is a great camera if you use it in RAW mode it gives great images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, it looks like the Ivy is a guy trying to get in the top of the door - hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment Mag, I found the shape of the ivy intriguing against the blue door and it does look like a person or monkey.

    ReplyDelete