Wednesday 29 April 2009

Crossing

GRD II, f4, 1/320, ISO 100, RAW

After yesterday's post, I had a look through my recent pictures and noticed that I have hardly done any street photography in London. I have tried to look out for new things but at the end I do enjoy street photography more. I decided to do more street photography this week but also want to try and give it a different look.

I took this picture (as so many other) during lunch, at first I noticed the reflection on the street and it looked like a pedestrian crossing. Then I needed a subject but did not want to have the subject full in the frame. I have boosted the contrast a lot in this picture to get a picture without many grey tones, almost like using the text mode. I cropped it to 1:1 format because I feel it works beter like this and I started to really like the square format, although I prefer to always shoot in 4:3 and crop later to the intended format.

7 comments:

  1. So many things to look at here. The figure is capture perfectly (couldn't be improved upon). I like the shadow grid on the road, which leads the eye into the picture. Then I'm left with a question "what is behind the door to River Island?".
    First class Cristian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things to look at here. The figure is capture perfectly (couldn't be improved upon). I like the shadow grid on the road, which leads the eye into the picture. Then I'm left with a question "what is behind the door to River Island?".
    First class Cristian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment Yesbuts! When I reviewed the picture, I knew it will be the pic for the day and also knew the crop I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would have been perfect when the head wasn't cut off, but I do like the composition very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Wouter!
    The head being cut off was part of the composition I had in mind and for me I think it would not have worked with the head in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The large headless figure and shadow on the road make this photo for me. A bit mysterious.

    ReplyDelete