Thursday 9 April 2009

Shadow on the Wall

LC1, f5.6, 1/1000, ISO 100, RAW, 70mm

I was not sure what picture to post today. It was a close call between this, a street shot from the GRD or a picture of one of the sights. Then again, with me so much into street photography it made sense to use this.
When I walked past this spot, I really liked the tree shadow but found something lacking. There was a great looking tower in the background but including it did not do anything. I needed people in the picture but the first people walking past were not 'right' so I had to wait for the right moment. When these guys came along i knew I had my shot.

3 comments:

  1. Nice shot.

    Dull and overcast in London. Think we will have rain this afternoon, so I'll have to look for an indoor location to photograph.
    When you get back to London you'll have to visit the National Theatre, there's a really nice exhibition on there of James Ravilious work. Which apart from the photography gives an interesting insight into English country life in the 60's through to the 90's

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is unfortunately not the prettiest shadow and I would have loved to see this photo taken a split second earlier.

    Yesbuts suggestion to go to the James Ravilious exhibition seems like a really good one. Love his documentary style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments!

    Yesbuts, this is a great tip, thanks. Will definitely try to go there early next week.

    Thanks Wouter, I liked that the shadow is messy and fits with the graffitti scribblings onthe wall.

    ReplyDelete