Wednesday 12 February 2014

Day 190 - Day 1 of the Bolaven Plateau Loop


After renting a new and red Honda Wave, I set off to start the big Bolaven Plateau loop and go to the first stage in Paksong.




On the way to Paksong I stopped off at two waterfalls. First at Tad Champi, where people were enjoying a swim and the raft there, the second on the road was Tad Yuang, where I arrived just when everbody was leaving o had the view all for myself.




After having lunch at Tad Yuang and chatting with the Lao/French owner, I arrived in Paksong where I had a (slight watery) coffee before checking into a guest house there.




Since it was still early, I decided to backtrack a bit and go to see the Tad Fane waterfall, this one is quite impressive although you don't get  great view over the height of it, they could to with a overlooking platform or so.



Above is my new ride for my time here in Laos, I really like the Honda Waves and miss my old bike, despite this being new.



The evening was spent driving around Paksong and having some beers with a few friends I met at my coffee stop earlier.

Tomorrow, I'll take the 'difficult and dangerous' road to Attapeu or Sekong but don't expect it to be anywhere near the 'shortcut' I took while on my way to Sapa.


2 comments:

  1. Impressive waterfall. I like the second shot, Cristi. The tree or whatever in the foreground looks like a hand reaching out of the water, reminiscent of Excalibur and the Lady of the Lake.

    Glad to see you have moved on. I was beginning to think you were going to stay in Vietnam forever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Calvin!

    The tree and waterfall picture came out well after a few tries with different composition and exposures.

    I have indeed moved on and move now a lot quicker around after my stint in Vietnam but I had to experience more of Vietnam, it's a fantastic country with great people so it was nice to stay there a bit longer and having a bike meant I could feel like a local.

    ReplyDelete